2012-09-01

Speed


Well, as the title suggests, I was able to get quite a bit of painting done on Sven's Trollbloods in the last couple weeks. (he is lending his Trollbloods army for me for the OETC since I don't have one of my own yet.) In the picture above you see the result of a long day of work, but let's do this step by step:

This picture shows the Fennblades halfway through the painting process.

Here the Fennblades are almost finished with only the swords and small trinkets left to be done.

This picture shows Brok & pDoomshaper as they were basecoated (and quickshaded) by Sven. Grim  & Gunbjörn take a bath in the jar to get rid of said basecoat and quickshade (Sven gifted those to me).

The same picture a couple hours later with the two Warlocks finished and the other two stripped.

Front view of Borka and the Pyg carrying the Keg.

Back view of Borka and the Pyg.

Front view of pDoomshaper.
Back view of pDoomshaper.

All in all I am pretty happy with the results. These models were painted with speed in mind and I think the quality is acceptable.

Working with these models once again confirmed my dislike for the Army Painter Quickshade. Grim and Gunbjörn who took the bath needed some major and extended rubbing with an old toothbrush to have the paint and the Quickshade come off. Also, the Qickshade heavily collected on the mace on Borka's back; the loss if detail there is heartbreaking. On the positive side, I now definitely see why you don't need to put varnish on your models after a dip in Quickshade, this stuff really seals everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment