2013-05-15

A fun bunch


Instead of complaining about painter's block, I decided to take +Tudor Stanescu as an example, be a man and get my latest paint job done. I had warlocks in various stages of painting, so I wanted to finish them to have at least one painted model no matter what list I play. ^^ Plus I won't have to answer the question as frequently where my warlock is on the board until the rest of the army is painted, too. ;-)

pGrim




pDoomshaper



pGrissel



Borka



I still have a serious issue with doing freehands. I try to push myself with every new hobby project and in this one I decided I wanna paint tartan patterns on my Trollbloods like they have them on the official PP photos. Well, it turns out even such a simple pattern is a big challenge for me as painting a single straight line is very hard to do. Back in school already I found it hard to find the proper mix of brush size, applied pressure with the brush, amount of paint, and paint consistency  to be in harmony for a single even line - and the challenge is even greater on the uneven surface of a model.

However, based on the encouragement experienced by fellow Google+ users I am going to leave the models for now as they are. Maybe I will come back in a couple years and redo the Tartan patterns, however. In a next step I guess I really should start to train doing freehands on white and even sheets of paper first.

At least for now I am done with all my warlocks. Oh, wait...


No comments:

Post a Comment