2012-11-19

Iron Cabal 3 review, part 1 of 2

Winner of the Iron Cabal 3: Henrik (black shirt, 3rd place), cb_crusader (red shirt, 2nd place), and Botond (in his lucky green shirt, 1st place).

Well, here's my Iron Cabal 3 recap in pictures. Out of four games I managed to win two and ranked 12/22.

Registration - why do we keep printing nice lists in advance just to scribble them last second on a sheet provided by the TO? ^^

The Knights from St. Gallen arrive...

...the guys from Bern have last minute strategic discussions...

...the first participant is already worshiping the glue god...

...and final questions are being cleared.

Waiting for the official start. (Did you admire lovely flowers on the side of the road, Tudes? ^^ )

Game 1 vs. Sidarius Calvin (Mercenaries, Ashlynn D'Elyse)

I decided to go for my pMadrak brick list and started to move it forward.

Sid starts to wrap his army around the lake and the tower in order to play a refused flank.

I am desperately trying to pull my Kriel Warriors to the left in order to bind the Gun Mages in close combat.

The Gun Mages make quick work of my Kriel Warriors, I run into the danger of loosing this game by loosing my left flank. I commit the Axer to the left flank, too, while the EBDT has to kill the Jacks in the center alone.

Ashlynn charges in on my Axer but fails to kill him. In my next turn  my limit of three Fury on the Axer are just enough to hit back and boost the necessary To Hit and To Wound rolls.

So I won game 1 based on a caster kill rather lucky - one bad dice roll of my Axer and it would have been over for me. The most interesting experience for me was Ashlynn's feat turn - it sounds devastating on paper, but once you get to feel it you realize how devastating it really is!

Game 2 vs. Revanon (Cryx, eDeneghra)

This was the game with the two large control zones one needs to score one after the other. I picked my Grim list to just bomb away what is in either zone.

Me moving forward and throwing bombs on the chickens/arc nodes.

The Kriel Warriors run into base to base contact with whatever undead stuff is standing in front of them, the Bomber keeps throwing bombs at the arc nodes and successfully kills one.

The Nyss fire away at the last arc node, Grim knocks the Warjack down to the left while the Bomber throws bombs at him, the Kaber Thrower keeps hitting the other Warjack in front of him, and the Kriel Warriors dissolve the Cryx infantry.

Stupid mistake on my part: the Warjack to my left gets up with one point of focus and then charges Grim. Grim successfully transfers and the Bomber plus the Nyss finish off the Warjack, but this cost me valuable resources in the center.

My Kriel Warriors swing in on eDeneghra and start to hit her really badly despite her high DEF and stacked Focus.  She survives barely with a few health points left when the last Kriel Warrior rolls an 8 instead of the required 9 to hit her.

eDeneghra kills the Kriel Warriors, the Warjack shoots the Bomber, and Grim himself moves up for a final last stand.

While Grim was still able to dodge the Warjack, the Warjack in combination with eDeneghra was too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment