2013-11-30

Friday Night WM/H

+Maurus Markwalder and +Andre Suwanda impresing the locals with their WM/H tactics.
Last night we were playing at the Tactica FLGS that we don't get that often to because it's a primarily 40K bunker. However, +Andreas Balmer was int he mood for a game and four more joined, so we basically steamrollered the place. While playing I overheard this dialogue:

40K veteran 1 - "oh, is it WM night?"
40K veteran 2 - "guess so..."

At the end of the evening some guy even purchased a Convergence battle box, let's see we can play him soon. :-D

My game against +Andreas Balmer went pretty bad - he basically had nothing other than the Thunderhead to really kill any of my warbeasts in Runes of War, but he simply outmaneuvered me. (the objective markers on the images count as flags in Incursion.)

At the end of his turn 1 everything had moved forward; I was glad he had the Stormblades not on the side where I had my heavies. I wanted to have the center flag

On my turn, everything ran forward. The Axer was already in a prime position next to the Runeshapers.

On +Andreas Balmer's turn, the Black 13 decided to go up these funky WHFB stairs.

At the end of his turn 2, I had basically lost the game. His infantry sat on the flag in the center, the flag to the right was held by a Stormcaller solo, the flag on the left where all my heavies were sitting had disappeared.

Here, both the scenario and the board were a problem for me because I had no mini with a base small enough to go through that stone arc in the center. I figured I would do well enough passing the arc on its left side with my heavies, but especially once the left flag had disappeared I had 30pts of my army doing nothing for most of the game.

On my turn 2 I hit back and I hit hard. pDoomshaper cast onto the Axer his own animus, the Storm Troll's animus, and Fortune. The Axer moved forward, performed a Thresher Attack, and emptied the ranks of Gun Mages and Boomhowler & Co. The Runeshapers on the right moved to the flag on the right assisted by the Storm Troll, but as I was to find out the Storm Troll is good for nothing in melee.

On his turn 3, the Thunderhead connected with the Axer in the center, but couldn't take him down because of Whelp Shedding.

On my turn 3, Mulg killed a Firefly without a problem plus a Stormcaller. The EBDT killed two Black 13 (which was illegal as it turned out 24h later). The Mauler attacked the Thunderhead, but couldn't one-round him. The right flank was lost, the Storm Troll and the last Runeshaper were just in for cosmetics. pDoomshaper feated with pretty much the entire Cygnar army in his CTRL.

At this point I did another really bad mistake: all my warbeasts were full on fury with eEiryss sneaking up into pDoomshaper's back - if anybody had hit him, he couldn't have transferred damage. I really need to remember that for the future.

Andreas finished the game quickly in his turn - eNemo ran to the flag on the right, dominated it, boom - 5 CP. Congrats. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment