2012-11-10

Bavarian Moshpit 2012 Recap

The winner takes it all.

So one week ago, the 2012 Bavarian Moshpit took place in Germering (Munich) and this is my *short* recap. ^^

First, the essentials:


With that out of the way, let's focus on the games:


Game 1 vs. Jan Müller (Legion, Saeryn)

I lost on scenario - his beasts were simply too fast. The only thing I could really do was putting a toe into the scoring zone to contest it. Yet for my first game against Legion I think I did ok.

Jan scores (the yellow area) and wins.

As it turned out, I briefly met Jan at the OETC already and then mostly mailed with him concerning Eva's pictures, but when we got paired at the Moshpit I first didn't realize that it was *the* Jan. Jan is a really nice guy and a former Trollbloods player, so once he realized I had no clue about Legion he actually helped me with tips on what to do. If you wanna buy a used car, buy it from this guy.


Game 2 vs. Andreas Krisch (Trollbloods, Borka)

I lost on casterkill - shame on me. I already had fun during the first game, although I lost, and I continued to have fun in this game. Trollbloods vs. Trollbloods is a sure ticket to the moshfest.


Light conditions in the room were pretty bad as it was rather dark, yet when the sun beamed through the windows the glare could be just too much for the cameras depending on the angle you were standing. Either way, I guess the picture above shows how intertwined our battle lines were - and I lost when I moved pMadrak too much forward in order to support the troops at the front. Yet this just showed to me how much of a beating pMadrak can take, Andreas had to fully unload on him in order to take him down.


Game 3 vs. Chris Schürmann (Legion, Saeryn)

I won this game on scenario points 3-0. The game didn't start too well as I was about to receive the same beating from Saeryn as I did in my first game from Jan - I can clearly see why Legion players take her against Trollbloods as her feat turn leaves Trollbloods with limited capabilities to retaliate.

However, then something happened that I'd like to attribute to my genius, but I didn't notice myself until I scored my first point.

The end of the game - I win 3-0 on CP.
The scenario was Close Quarters so I simply tried to put anything into my red circle (top left) while keeping my warlock (Borka) in any circle. I already had given up hope on my plan and lost track of it due to the onslaught of the Legion warbeasts when I realized at the end of my turn that I actually won a control point because I controlled my circle alone. In his previous turn, Chris swung in with all his Angelii in order to assassinate Borka. After I got my first CP Chris tried even harder to assassinate Borka, but Borka simply stood as a rock. At the end of Chris' turn I scored a second CP, at the end of my third turn the third and so I won my first game at a major tournament. ^^


Game 4 vs. Phil Steiner (Retribution, pVyros)

With Phil Steiner (from Salzburg, Austria, Team Iron Hookers) I played against another OETC player. Phil is an easy going dude you can have a fun game and a beer with so there I had a nice conclusion of the day.

My Fennblades and the Fell caller move to the left effectively preventing Phil from scoring anything. Borka and the EBDT have to make it to the wall in front of my scoring circle in order to prevent Phil from unfolding his true strength.

On the left flank, Phil's reserve arrives in form of a Mage Hunter and a Pony - the Fennblades don't really care, though.

The Fennblades killed everything that is to kill on the left flank and start to move towards the right where the attrition fest is going on with my full Kriel Warriors that arrived in the previous turn. Some sort of Retribution warjack decided to say hello to Borka, but the EBDT instantly wrecked it.

Fennblades to the rescue!

As things are getting too tense and the EBDT is lost, Borka has to run - but with the still fully active Hyperion aims well enough to shoot and finish him.

Diner

Bayrisches Weissbier

Wiener Schnitzel

Mohr im Hemd

Apfelküchlein
Apfelstrudel

Kaiserschmarn


Game 5 vs. Andreas Bernrieder (Khador, eSorscha)

Sunday morning had a special treat for me - my first game against the Khador Winterguard/Khayazi Death Star. I lost on casterkill because I simply didn't have anything in my still new Trollbloods army that could deal with this.

Sorry for the bad picture quality. Next time I should do it like Eva and bring a better camera rather than a smartphone.
Eitherway, I plan on building a Bomber first rather than Rök, so that should make it easier for me to deal with this Death Star. Carefuly analysis also showed that Fennblades with pMadrak and Fell caller may work as they can be buffed up to MAT 10.


Game 6 vs. Botond Gati (Cygnar, eCaine)

For the entire weekend I felt really good because I didn't really make any stupid mistakes even in the face of armies I have never physically seen and played against before. Botond from my very own gaming group felt really good, too, because he was sure to get the youngest player trophy and probably also quickest caster kill as his record prior to this game was around 17mins.

Prior to the game he was also joking that he can use this game to secure his caster kill even further whereas I was firmly determined not to let that happen - I was even joking that we are not Ferrari (red shirts) where Felipe Massa has to let Michael Schumacher pass in order for the later to secure his world cup.

I was still setting up my army (had to go second) when the master clock already started to run. Botond urged me to set up faster so he could shoot me. Then he did his entire first turn in like 2.5 minutes. I took for my first turn around six minutes trying to make sure I didn't do anything stupid he could exploit. Yet the scenario was Incursion so I had to take a certain risk and run up everything the middle so I could quickly swing to either side as necessary.

End of Botond's second turn and Grim is dead. He stood in the third rank behind the Fennblades with no direct line of sight, but first the Black 13 and then eCaine were all it took as I failed all my Tough Rolls.

Caster kill in 11 and something minutes and my insight that I should rather play more than less frequently with Botond Gati.

No comments:

Post a Comment