2012-10-29

Variety 102


So this is the finished unit in all its glory. If you enlarge the photo, you can see what I meant when I said that these guys look rather uniform, but when you look closely you notice that no grunt looks exactly like the other.

Coming up next is this big guy:


I am torn whether I should build the Mountain King now or not. Basically the blame for making me do this goes to my friend McMortison who *built and painted* his Mountain King in record time - and that was just his little side project to have a break from racking up his Cryx army. In other words, McMortison's enthusiasm is contagious. On the other hand, I get mixed reports about the competitiveness of the Mountain King; at the OETC, the Italians found him a beast ("If you don't kill him in one turn, he won't go away.") whereas others like Andrew galea just slowly but surely get a grasp of the gargantuan. I'm not sure what the Mountain King will bring to the table, but it surely is a heck of a model. Maybe I should aim for the "failing with beauty" award in 2013.

1 comment:

  1. If you have you should paint it, it is way better

    ReplyDelete