2012-06-30

Battle report Cygnar vs. Khador

Kommandant Gurvaldt Irusk

Well, my buddy Angel and I finally got to play our own Warmachine game over at Tenth Planet Games in Cedar Park. TPG is a new gamestore with a very friendly staff, three large gaming tables, and a small community that keeps growing.

Angel and I played the No Man's Land scenario from page 93 of the MKII Prime rulebook. Basically the entire oasis in the center of the table was in the No Man's Land and we fought over it as one of the precious water sources in a desert.

This was the setup of the armies.

I moved everything carefully forward. My main force was to pass the oasis on the right so they don't get slowed down - plus warjacks don't like to be in water. The Balck 13's shots on the Widowmakers were short, pEiryss failed to hit.

Angel moved everything forward and his shooting did no damage. I slightly started to get concerned about his pEiryss and the Drakhun Dragoon on my right flank. As expected, Angel's pEiryss disupted my Thunderhead.

Delighted by the fact that the Widowmakers didn't kill them, the Black 13 moved and killed them in return. My pEiryss disrupted a Khador warjack. In the center everything moved forward and Arlan Strangewayes power boosted my Thunderhead to shake off the disruption. Now I had two options: I could either commit my Thunderhead to energy pulse pEiryss (and the dragoon, too) - which was a very attractive option - or I could energy pulse all that Khador infantry tied up in the center. I decided to go for the jucier center, although this meant that pEiryss could virtually run unchecked.

In his turn, Angel charged in with everything in the center. The Thunderhead took some damage from the dragoon. Angel's pEiryss disrupted eHaley. The pikeman to the left ran to get into melee range with my pEiryss so he couldn't hit her in this turn.

eHaley walked into the oasis and popped her feat. The Thunderhead killed off the Dragoon and was free again. My pEiryss killed the pikeman and the Black 13 started to take shots at the Khador warjack near them. Arlan Strangeways performed minor repairs on the Thunderhead.

Because of eHaley's feat, Angel was seriously hindered in his turn. His major moves were to regroup his entire infantry in the center to bring more guys into close combat (one of them even managed to reach eHaley) and to kill my pEiryss with a template weapon (I think it was grenades from his warjack).

In my turn I gladly noticed that the Thunderhead was not in close combat and had tons of Khador infantry around him. All my units were immune to electricity except Rhupert Carvolo, so my Thunderhead said a big "Sorry Rhupert" and then used the energy pulse. Well, in this picture you see the few models that were still standing after that. The Squire moved a little closer to eHaley in a feeble attempt to minimze pEiryss' firing lane on my warcaster. The Black 13 shot Kommandant Irusk, but did minimal damage.

In his turn, Angel moved Kommandant Irusk back a little and killed Ryan. Irusk also popped his feat, but he should have done so earlier for greater effect. pEiryss continued to disrupt eHaley and the assassin fought with her in close combat, yet didn't do any damage.

In the center, my warjacks attempted to push forward towards Irusk, but this was a hard task because Irusk had a spell that made everything in his control range rough terrain, so my guys were very slow. The Black 13 continued to fire at Irusk, yet to no avail. Arlan Strangewayes ran into close combat with pEiryss just for the sake to stop her shooting for at least one round.

In Angel's turn, the assassin successfully broke off from eHaley and charged Arlan Strangewayes. Arlan was killed and pEiryss disrupted eHaley again. Irusk ran into close combat with the Black 13. The Khador warjack finished off my Stormclad.

In my turn, the Black 13 fought in close combat with Kommandant Irusk to no avail. My remaining Stormblades and the Thunderhead put the pressure on the remaining Khador warjack. When I ended my turn, we realized that eHaley and the Squire were the only units in the No Man's Land since the assassin moved to kill Arlan Strangewayes. I won by winning the scenario. ^^

Although it worked nicely, I am still torn if I made the correct decision on how I committed my Thunderhead. In an ordinary game, letting pEiryss run unchecked means loosing the game. Also my Thunderhead was lucky to get out of close combat again so he could use his energy pulse. I guess if the same situation arose again, I'd commit the Thunderhead to energy pulse pEiryss instead and then move back to the center to energy pulse the massed infantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment